School The Nation; P&G Campaign With Communities In Schools Matthew McConaughey about the National Dropout Crisis and Advocate Mentorship as a Smart Approach to Combat the Issue.
Primary Campaign Talking Points
- GIVE Education raises awareness of America’s dropout crisis and provides at-risk youth with the support and encouragement they need to stay in school and prepare for life.
- By working with consumers to fund the life-changing work of mentors across the country, P&G can give back to the communities and enable kids to succeed in life.
- The role of a mentor is a critically important ingredient for a lifetime of success.
- With 1.2 million students dropping out of school each year, it takes people, not programs, to guide students on the path to success.
- HOW YOU CAN HELP — By simply buying $25 worth of select P&G products, P&G will provide consumers with a $5 rebate and make a $5 donation to Communities In Schools, the nation’s leading dropout prevention organization.
- Go to www.getgivesave.com for rebate details.
- For each August 26 P&G brandSAVER coupon redeemed, P&G will donate two cents to CIS – allowing consumers to give back, while saving money. This is an uncapped donation.
- For every person that “likes” the GIVE Facebook page, a $1 donation will be made to Communities In Schools (up through $10,000).
CISDE Back to School Campaign: Welcome Back Teachers and Appreciation Support from ING DIRECT
On August 16, CIS of Delaware was included in the ING DIRECT Orange Days of Giving as ING DIRECT donated $20,000 in teachers supplies that was put together in teacher totes by more than 50 ING DIRECT associates at the Orange Café on Delaware Avenue. Many thanks to ING DIRECT for their donation and support of our teachers that we support across the state. 1500 tote bags were filled with back to school supplies for teachers. We also included a welcome back letter from CIS and ING DIRECT. Many thanks to ING DIRECT staff and CISDE staff for helping to put this together. The bags will be distributed out at CIS school sites and other school sites targeted by CIS for growth in the future.